Our Skin is not the only thing that gets older with time, our hair also start showing that we are getting older. I think that it doesn’t matter if your skin looks very great , and then your head is filled with grey hair. Actually, even if your face look younger people will deduce that you are old.
The natural color of the hair follicle is due to the presence of a color pigmented called melanin. However, when the melanin pigmented cells located at hair roots declines it leads to premature grey hair.As I said, graying of hair is a natural process when one age, but when hair starts to grey in the early 20s-30s it can mess antibody’s confidence.
It is a fact that we cant run away from grey hair, it is something that will naturally happen to everyone, but if you are struggling with premature grey hair, it can be because of one or more reasons listed below.
- Vitamin and nutrient deficiency.
- Excessive intake of tobacco.
- Tuberous Sclerosis.
There are many commercially available hair colors which instantly colors grey hair in any desired color. But most of the times these commercially available colors can damage the hair follicles and cause hair fall. I’m not saying that all the products will harm your hair, I’m just recommending you to be careful before buying any product to color your hair, you must do a deep research and read reviews, so you can be aware of what you are buying.
If you prefer using natural methods to get rid of premature grey hair, here are some quick and easy remedies to treat greying of hair naturally.
Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
Coconut is an age old secret for maintaining hair at an optimal level with its nourishing and conditioning benefits. This natural oil helps to prevent grey hair, stop hair fall and straightens the hair too.
Lemon Juice helps to build healthy color pigments of the hair follicle for maintaining the natural color of the hair. Try this simple remedy to turn reverse grey hair into the desired natural color of the hair.
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- Heat the coconut oil to a lukewarm temperature, then remove it from the heat.
- Add lemon Juice and stir it well.
- Apply this warm coconut oil and lemon juice solution all over the scalp and hair, and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the solution with water and then apply your shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure twice a week.
Fenugreek Powder and Coconut Oil
Fenugreek powder contains lecithin and amino acids, which makes it an excellent treatment for grey hair. In the other hand, coconut is also rich in minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates, which is beneficial to get get rid of grey hair.
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder.
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Take the coconut oil and bring it to a boil.
- Add fenugreek powder into the boiling oil and allow the oil with fenugreek powder to boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down to lukewarm temperature.
- Apply this lukewarm oil on hair and massage the oil into the hair in circular motions gently for 3 minutes.
- Leave the application overnight, and make sure you wrap your hair with something, top avoid the oil to stick on your pillow.
- In the next day wash off the hair thoroughly with shampoo and follow up with a conditioner
- Repeat this procedure two or three times a week to treat grey hair.
Fenugreek Powder and Coffee
This is one of the most effective remedies for grey hair, due to the ingredients involved in these recipe: fenugreek, coffee, mint, henna, basil and yogurt.
Henna contains essential natural pigments, which naturally dyes the hair without any side effects.
Coffee is a great natural alternative way to darken the hair and it is even beneficial for making the hair stronger.
Basil helps to stimulate the hair follicle and its medicinal properties can help to delay premature grey hair.
Mint possesses a good source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which are beneficial for maintaining the natural pigments in the hair follicles.
Yogurt is a great conditioner for smoothing the hair and also nourishing the hair shaft from deep within.
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder.
- 2 tablespoons of Henna Powder.
- 2 tablespoons of basil leaves.
- 3 tablespoons of coffee.
- 3 tablespoons of mint juice.
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of water.
- First of all grind basil and mint leaves into a smooth paste in a blender.
- In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients such as henna powder, coffee and fenugreek.
- Mix them well and later combine it the wet ingredients like yogurt, basil and mint leaves.
- Stir it well to form a uniform paste.
- Apply this mask liberally all over the hair and mainly concentrating on the grey hair areas.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap to avoid stain on clothes, and allow the mask to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse the hair mask thoroughly with plain water and then follow up with a shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure once in a week to reverse grey hair effectively.
Indian Gooseberry and Lemon Juice
Indian gooseberry or just Amla is the most effective natural ingredient to stop grey hair. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which helps to prevent premature graying of hair.
In this recipe for grey hair we also add eucalyptus oil , and egg.
Eucalyptus oil has unique chemical compounds, which will promote follicle stimulation by increasing the blood flow around the hair follicles.
Eggs contain proteins, fatty acids and vitamins, which help maintaining healthy hair and retain its natural color.
Lemon juice contains good amounts of vitamin B, C, and Phosphorus, which nourishes the hair and treats the cause of grey hair.
Yogurt is full of proteins and essential nutrients that make hair healthy and stronger.
- 1 Indian gooseberry
- 1 tablespoon of eucalyptus oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of curd
- First of all cut the Indian gooseberry into thin slices, then soak the slices into eucalyptus oil for 3 hours.
- For soaking the Indian gooseberry in the eucalyptus oil using an iron container is very important in this recipe.
- After 2-3 hour add an egg, lemon juice and curd in Indian gooseberry infused eucalyptus oil.
- Mix this mixture well and apply this on your hair and then cover your hair with a shower cap for avoiding stains on clothes.
- Leave the hair mask for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse off the hair mask thoroughly with water and follow up with shampoo and conditioner.
- This process must be repeated thrice a week for a noticeable difference in premature greying of hair.
Indian Gooseberry and Coconut Oil
Indian gooseberry is a trusted remedy to prevent and heal premature grey hair. Coconut oil in the other hand, will easily penetrate into the hair shaft, which binds the proteins in the hair straighten fibers and delays premature greying of hair
- 4 Indian gooseberries
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- Start by cutting Indian gooseberry into thin slices
- Bring one cup of coconut oil to boil and then add those slices into the boiling coconut oil.
- Allow the coconut oil with Indian gooseberries to boil on a low heat for 10 minutes until the amla slices turn back.
- Remove the oil from heat and allow the oil to cool down to room temperature.
- Apply this Indian gooseberry infused coconut oil all over the hair and gently massage the scalp in circular motions for 2 minutes.
- Leave the application overnight for better results
- The next day wash off the oil application with shampoo, followed with a conditioner.
- This procedure will reverse grey hair and must be repeated thrice a day for preventing graying hair and avoiding hair fall as well.
Onion is very effective to get rid of gray hair. Onion help to boost up the levels of catalase, which restores the hair’s natural color.
- Start by peeling one medium sized onion and cut into two halves and then add them into a blending jar.
- Blend on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until onion forms a smooth puree with consistency.
- Strain the onion on a muslin cloth and extract the juice well.
- Apply this fresh extracted onion juice liberally all over the scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for an hour and then rinse it off with water and follow up with a shampoo.
- If you repeat this process thrice a week for 1 month, you will start seeing significant reduction in grey hair.
Pick the best recipe for you and start applying to get rid of grey hair. Repeat the treatment three times a week and you will start seeing results in the end of the first month of application.