When you look in the mirror, do you see dark circles around your eyes? Guess what, you are not alone. One of the most common beauty problems women face these days is dark circles and little bags under their eyes. Most of people look recklessly for solution in the harmful chemical cosmetic products, which can cure the problem or hide it for a moment, but never treat the root of it.
Today I’m going to sharesome homemade recipes that you can do at home to get rid of dark circles under eyes naturally.
Sodium Bicarbonate, normally called Baking Soda is an ingredient found in almost every kitchen and has ton of uses. Moreover many of the masks contain sodium bicarbonate as an important ingredient in it, which justifies how effective baking soda can be as a beauty product. So I will teach you how can you use it to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Add a teaspoon of baking Soda in a glass of hot water or chamomile tea and mix it well.
- Soak two cotton pads in the mixture and then place them under your eyes.
- Leave them on for about 25 minutes, then rinse your face and apply a moisturizer.
Repeat this process everyday for 2 weeks. And the results will probably start appearing right after the first week. Once the black circles and bags have disappeared, only repeat this procedure once in two weeks, just to prevent.
Coffee contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can keep your skin bright and soft. Also, the caffeine can shrink the blood vessels under your eyes reducing dark circles and puffy eyes. The ground pepper will improve blood circulation and coconut oil will work as a moisturizer and rejuvenate the skin.
- In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon of coffee,and one teaspoon of each coconut oil and ground black pepper until you get a thick paste.
- Apply under the eyes, cover the dark circles but making sure to not get close to the actual eye.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water gently. Do not rub. the mixture will come off very easily.
- In a small bowl mix one tablespoon of each organic coffee and aloe Vera gel, and one teaspoon of vitamin E oil and mix it well.
- Apply a thick layer under your eyes and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face and apply your regular moisturizer.
Rose water contains certain properties which have a soothing effect on skin and lighten dark circles. The antioxidants contained in rose water strengthen skin cells, regenerate tissue, and also rejuvenate the skin. The antibacterial properties protect your eyes from contamination, dust, itchiness, redness, and inflammation.
- Soak a few drops of rose water on two cotton pads for 3 minutes.
- Apply it on the affected area and allow it to sit on these areas for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure twice daily for faster results.
- In a small bowl combine one teaspoon each of rosewater and cold milk.
- Soak two cotton pads into the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Apply it to the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Repeat regularly until you start seeing the desired results.
Cucumber has cooling effect when applied to the skin. Cucumber is a potent natural bleacher. It also contains numerous antioxidants like orietin, isoscoparin, vitexin, cucurbitacins, and vitamins C and K. All these attributes will give cucumber the ability to reduce pain and inflammation that causes puffiness and dark circles.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Place these cold slices on the area you want to remove the dark circles and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Repeat twice daily until you achieve the desired results.
- Combine equal parts of lemon juice and cucumber juice.
- Apply this mixture to the affected areas using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse if off with water.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day until you achieve the desired results.
Mint leaves have a cooling effect and also contains antibacterial, anti-microbial and antiseptic properties that constrict blood vessels and clear dark circles.
- Take 5 mint leaves and crush them.
- Apply the crushed mint leaves to the affected areas.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, you may feel tingling, it is normal.
- Rinse it off and wash your face.
- Repeat regularly until you achieve the results.
- Blend fresh mint leaves into a paste and add fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply it to the affected areas and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry with a towel.
- Repeat the procedure daily.
Turmeric is known for its multiple health benefits.But many people don’t know that it can also help when it comes to getting rid of dark circles.
- Take two tablespoons of buttermilk and one tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Apply this paste on your dark circles and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply your moisturizer.
Almond Lightens and moisturizes the skin. It has rich amount of vitamin K,and other antioxidants which relieves puffy eyes and contracts dilated blood vessels..
- In a small bowl combine 6 drops of almond oil and one tablespoon of raw honey.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas and leave it on for about 20 minutes, or for better results apply it before going to sleep and leave it overnight.
- Rinse it off and wash your face.
- Repeat daily until you achieve the desired results.
- In case you don’t have almond oil you can also use Castor oil, avocado oil, olive oil, and some other vegetable oil.
- Grate some raw potato and extract the juice .
- Now take a cotton ball and soak it in the potato juice.
- Close your eyes and place the cotton balls on your eyes. Make sure they cover the entire area of dark circles under your eyes as well as eyelids.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water and apply your moisturizer.
Feel free to try one of these masks and get ride of dark circles under eyes. All the masks that I mentioned will start showing results on your first week of application. But after you completely get rid of these puffy eyes , I recommend to apply the mask at least once in two weeks, just to keep then away.
Tips to avoid Dark circles under eyes:
- Sleep 7-8 hours to reduce dark circles and also improve your health.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Drink 8-10 cups of water daily to keep you hydrated.
- Always apply a moisturizer, to keep your skin from drying.
- Regularly wash your eyes with warm water followed with cold water to improve blood circulation and cleanse any dirt particles.
- Try to follow a healthy diet, rich in vitamins and minerals.