Everyone will have to deal with wrinkles at some point, but the severity of the problem will differ from person to person. As we age, our skin loses its ability to regenerate. The fact is that fat cells beneath the skin begin to shrink and the inner layers of our skin become thinner, Skin loses firmness and elasticity and we are left with wrinkles.The severity of these wrinkles can be determined by genetics, weight fluctuations, sun exposure, and the kind of skin products we use over time.
Many people think that they have to waste tons of money to restore the firmness and elasticity of the skin to look younger. If you don’t want to pay thousand dollars for botox, but you want to restore the firmness of your skin, I’m happy to tell you that there are plenty of natural, affordable and effective ways to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. And one of them is Coconut Oil, and I’m going to share with you the right way to use this oil to look younger and younger.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for your skin
- It prevents the formation of dark spots due to aging and sun exposure.
- It is a natural emollient, so it softens the skin.
- It moisturizes the skin to prevent the formation of lines and wrinkles.
- It contains vitamin E, and A, and essential proteins that promote the production of collagen, which
- keeps the skin firm and supple.
- It contains antioxidants that protect the skin against free radicals that damage the skin and causes
- It supports the formation of new cells.
- It helps to repair damaged skin and protect against harmful UV rays.
Coconut Oil to reduce Wrinkles
Coconut oil can be used in combination with many other natural ingredients that keep the skin healthy and firm. I will not list all the recipes containing coconut oil to reduce wrinkles, I will just share some that show faster results.
Coconut Oil, Egg Yolk and Honey
Egg yolks are very rich in carotene, leutin, and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants are good for maintaining a healthy skin. Egg yolks also provide a rich source of biotin, which is essential for youthful skin. And this is exactly why eggs are so used in homemade anti aging recipes.
Milk contains enzymes, proteins, minerals and vitamins that can help reducing wrinkles. Milk will also lighten your skin by promoting the shedding of pigmented skin cells. When you use milk in homemade face mask you will not only reduce the appearance of wrinkles, you will also reduce dark spots and dark patches on your skin.
Honey is a good source of antioxidants, honey protects your skin from cell damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are responsible for accelerating the aging process and may contribute to wrinkles, fine lines, and in some cases sagging skin. Applying honey in homemade face masks will keep the skin well hydrated, and this one of the secrets behind glowing and youthful skin.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon each of organic coconut oil, milk, honey,1 egg yolk and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Use your fingertips to massage the mixture into the skin
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat the procedure at least 3 times a week
- You can also mix coconut oil and egg to get rid of sagging skin around mouth.
Coconut Oil and Shea Butter
Shea Butter is naturally rich in vitamins A, E, and F . The concentration of these natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for the skin. Shea Butter also helps tissue cell regeneration and softening of the skin, which reduces wrinkles. It also very essential when it comes to boosting collagen production, which is very important for skin strength.
Extra Virgin Olive oil is composed of more than 80 percent oleic acid.This substance easily penetrates the skin, and allows the oil to heal damaged skin cells, reduce wrinkles, and give you a more youthful appearance.
Almond Oil is rich in Vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, potassium and zinc. The main reason almond oil is so good for a youthful skin is due to vitamin E contained on it, and this vitamin can help restoring collagen layer on your skin, which will give you a youthful appearance. Almond oil is also rich in proteins, and can provide the amino acids required for the formation of collagen as well.
- In a sauce pan, melt one teaspoon of each organic coconut oil , extra virgin olive oil, almond oil and 1 tablespoon of Shea Butter over low flame stirring until combined.
- Let it cool to touchable temperature and use fingertips to massage into skin until absorbed.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes or overnight, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Repeat twice a day, once in the morning and once at night time, before going to bed.
Coconut oil Aloe Vera and Cucumber
Aloe Vera contain a plethora of antioxidants including beta carotene, vitamin C and E, that can help improve the skin`s natural firmness and keep the skin hydrated.
Cucumber is rich in vitamins and minerals that will restore collagen and also improve your skin elasticity.
- In a blender, mix half cup of organic coconut oil , half cup of organic aloe vera gel and one peeled , chopped cucumber until smooth.
- Use fingertips to massage into the skin until it gets completely absorbed.
- Refrigerate leftover lotion and use twice a day.
Coconut Oil and Olive Oil
Olive Oil contains Vitamin E and A that helps in elongating your youth, hydrating skin and sustaining skin`s elasticity and softness. Olive Oil also helps to regenerate skin cells. When you use olive oil on your skin to reduce wrinkles, it is recommended to use Extra virgin Olive Oil, because it will penetrate deeply into the skin.When that happen, the oleic acid contained in olive oil will moisturize and softens dry skin, this oil will also heal damaged cells,reduce wrinkles and improve texture.
- Mix a few drops of extra virgin olive oil with one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Apply it on your skin and massage it gently for 5 minutes
- Leave it for 30 minutes or overnight
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Repeat regularly
- You can use sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil, or chamomile oil instead of olive oil.
Coconut Oil Beeswax and Shea Butter
Beeswax contains vitamin A and is very essential to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. It also has anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties, so they can soothe easily irritated skin. Beeswax acts as a layer protection when applied to the skin, protecting the skin from environmental irritants.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of coconut oil, beeswax, and almond oil, with one tablespoon of each jojoba oil and Shea butter and prepare it on bain-marie over low heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Make sure you get a melted mixture.
- After obtaining the melted mixture pour it into a small glass ( clean and disinfected).
- Add 5-6 drops of Lavender essential Oil. Stir and let the cream at room temperature until it hardens.
- Apply the cream in the morning and in the evening after washing your face.
Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil fight wrinkles, age spots and other signs of aging. Vitamin E has the power to reverse the damage done by harmful solar radiation and free radicals in our environment. Vitamin E oil boosts the production of collagen , and that adds elasticity to your skin, which prevents aging signs like wrinkles.
- In a small bowl mix 3 tablespoons each of baking soda, milk with one teaspoon each of milk and 2 capsules of Vitamin E oil. stir until you get a fine paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face and use your fingertips to massage into skin
- Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- For added benefits you can include half teaspoon of lavender oil
- Repeat this procedure regularly.
Coconut and Yogurt
Yogurt contains zinc, which is necessary for cell reproduction and growth of tissues. Yogurt also contains anti-aging properties that help fight off free radicals. Free radicals are dangerous to the skin because they strip oxygen molecules of the skin cells, thereby damaging them. Free radicals also cause fine lines and wrinkles to appear on skin.
Oatmeal exfoliates to remove dead skin cells and other toxins, while yogurt kills the bacteria that clog pores and causes blemishes.
- In a blender mix 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil, half cup of plain unsweetened oatmeal, 4 ounces of plain yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of raw honey until smooth.
- Use fingertips to apply to skin and leave it on for 15 minutes or until dry.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat twice a week.
What you need to know before using Coconut Oil masks- Precautions
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 whenever you go outside
- Use coconut oil with a lauric acid content of at least 40 %.
If you suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure, do not use coconut oil treatments.
- Coconut Oil contains significant amounts of saturated fats, so consume it in moderation, especially if you suffer from cardiovascular issues.
- Always use Organic, cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil.Commercial brands are processed and packaged with chemicals and preservatives that may damage overall health.